Monday, November 8, 2010

Little boy Bo, dressed as Daphne, causes a stir

Gotta love the mom in Kansas City who allowed her 5-year-old son Bo to dress as Daphne, from the Scooby Do cartoon. If Kansas City is that progressive, we want to visit. But maybe it isn't, there has been a lot of flak now.

On her blog Nerdy Apple Bottom, (first name Sarah) she showed his photo dressed in the bright orange wig and wrote about it. Now it has gone viral, mostly because of all the haters our there who feel it was not the proper thing to do. She's been on the Today Show and CNN and now seems to be the subject of all the talk shows, we suppose an hour long sit down with Oprah is soon to be.

Was it not proper to exploit the story by the mom or was it not proper for the boy to dress as a girl? What has people upset? We think the latter.

The blog headline says: "My Son is Gay" and then goes on to say: “Or he’s not. I don’t care. He is still my son,” she wrote. “And he is 5. And I am his mother. And if you have a problem with anything mentioned above, I don’t want to know you.”

Nerdy Apple Bottom also blogged: “If you think that me allowing my son to be a female character for Halloween is somehow going to ‘make’ him gay then you are an idiot. I am not worried that your son will grow up to be an actual ninja so back off.”

We applaud the mom who is letting her son be his own person, even at 5. The original blog post on Nerdy Apple Bottom is
here.
Bookmark and Share

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home